Gluten-Free, Vegan Guacamole
If there are taco chips out, nine times out of ten they are going to be enjoyed with some guacamole. This satisfying, creamy dip is a staple in my house, especially during the summer month when all the ingredients can come straight from the garden.
It’s fantastic on its own and fantastic as a topping. It can be both a star and in the chorus, if you catch my drift.
Helpful hint: If you like chunkier guac, be careful not to over-mash the ingredients.
And preferably serve at a party where no one likes guacamole, leaving it all to yourself! Like they say, the more the merrier, right? :)
GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN GUACAMOLE
- 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3/4 medium red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne
- In a large bowl, combine avocado pieces, lime juice, salt, pepper, cayenne.
- Mash with a potato masher or back of a fork, until desired consistency. Fold in tomatoes, onions, garlic, jalapeño and cilantro.
- Allow guacamole to rest at least 15 minutes for flavor to infuse before serving.