Gluten-Free, Vegan Chili-Lime Popcorn
Happy American Craft Beer Week everyone! This week we celebrate all small and independent craft brewers in the U.S. and it’s like If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, if you give someone a beer, they’re gonna want some snacks to go with it.
To celebrate this week, I’ve pulled together a couple beer & food pairings that everyone can enjoy.
Up first—a simple twist on popcorn! This popcorn is fresh and spicy. A superb summertime munchie with that citrus pep only a lime can provide.
Pair with something malty and hoppy like an American Brown Ale. My choice: Nashville favorite—Yazoo Dos Perros!
For a lighter option, pair with a pale lager like the more widely available Corona. It pairs perfectly with the tartness of the lime. :)
Amazing for a happy hour snack or as a way to mix up movie night!
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE CHILI-LIME POPCORN
- 1 (3.5 oz) bag of salted microwave popcorn
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Pop popcorn according to package directions. Open bag and allow popcorn to cool slightly before transferring half the popcorn to a large bowl.
- Pour lime juice in, toss and add remaining popcorn then toss again to coat.
- Add lime zest, chili powder and cumin, tossing once more. Adjust seasonings to taste.