Is anyone out there feeling extra cozy recently?
I love this time of year, as the weather shifts from autumn to winter. The air seems more crisp. The foods are more comforting. And the clothes are more cozy. Yes to all things soft, plush, and fuzzy!
It’s the perfect time of year to enjoy bonfires, fireplaces, or fire pits. And where they is (contained) fire, you know that LeBraun and I will be huddled next to it with our roasting sticks making s’mores.
In case you’ve missed it, LeBraun and I are OBSESSED with s’mores. They are easily our favorite dessert. We even had a s’more station for guest at our destination wedding in August. :) Mmm!
Our second favorite sweet treats are cookies so combining our top two into one is perfection! Now we never have to choose. Haha.
Let’s be real though, who doesn’t have cookies in their top desserts. Cookies are king of the dessert world. I don’t have scientific evidence of that, but I’m willing to put my name on that statement because it has to be true. Cookies are so versatile—eat them as dough, fresh out of the oven, sandwiched around ice cream, crumbled on shakes, on their own, with a glass of milk, and more—and they come in so many flavors there’s something to satisfy everyone.
Sorry for the detour. I’m just really passionate about cookies!
So here’s where we are at: Chocolate chip cookies + marshmallows = YUM!
Each bite is sweet, melty, creamy, and simply scrumptious. Can you hear that Hallelujah choir?
So to recap, these cookies…well—They’ve got chocolate chips. They’ve got marshmallows. They’re gluten-free. They’re vegan. ‘Nuff said.
Of course we’re subbing the crunch of the cookie edges for the traditional graham cracker.
This is one of those recipes that’s fantastic for the holidays because they’re impressive AND delicious to even those without any dietary preferences or allergies. Plus it has all the cozy comfort winter and the nostalgia of bonfires past.
Lastly we’d love to admire your work so make sure to tag #heystudioist on Insta!
Gluten-Free, Vegan S’more Cookies
yields: 20-24 cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar or alternative sugar of choice
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp of canola oil
- 6-8+ tbsp alternative milk of choice (I used almond)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chips
- Roughly 40-50 Dandies All Natural Mini Vanilla Marshmallows
- Line two baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- On low, add in oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Once combined, up mixer to medium speed until cookie dough forms. Start with 6 tbsp of milk then add additional if needed for dough to form (n1).
- Fold in chocolate chips until incorporated.
- Scoop dough by roughly 1 1/2 tbsp (or use a #40, medium cookie scoop), place two mini marshmallows into the dough, and roll into a ball completely encasing the marshmallows inside. Place the balls onto one of the prepared pans.
- Repeat until all dough is used.
- Place the pan in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On second prepared pan, place cookie dough balls roughly 1 1/2-inches apart (they don’t spread too much) and bake 12 minutes (n2).
- Allow cookies to cool on pan for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to wire rack to firm for at least 5 more minutes.
- Serve while still warm.
- If serving later, simply enjoy as is or pop one in the microwave for 20 seconds before serving. I promise, it’s good!
n1. If dough is still crumbly after adding 6 tbsp, add additional milk one tbsp at a time until cookie dough texture forms. Combing well between each addition.
n2. Cookies will look underdone when they’re done. :)