Gluten-Free, Vegan Jalapeno Corn Salsa
Happy Memorial Day weekend! The perfect intro to the summer season, although it’s been feeling like summer for awhile here. Trees and gardens are filling out, local farmers markets have more outdoors, and people are starting to show more skin.
It’s the perfect time to host a get together, welcome the warm sunshine, and enjoy delicious food with your mates. Let’s spice it up a bit this year with this colorful blend of crisp veggies!
After all who could resist the crunch of the corn, tang of the vinegar, and kick of the jalapeños…Mmm! If you don’t like it, no worries, more for me!
Serve as a dip with chips or as a fresh new topping on Taco Tuesday!
GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN JALAPENO CORN SALSA
- 5 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 4 jalapeños peppers, seeds removed and finely diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp honey, to taste
- Add corn to large pot of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- Cut the kernels (not the husk) off the cob into a large bowl.
- Add red onions, jalapeños, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and cilantro to the corn kernel bowl.
- Begin adding honey, toss and taste to balance the vinegar. Continue until desired sweetness is reached.
- Toss to make sure ingredients were well combined.
- Chill for at least 1 hour, allowing flavors to infuse together.