Everything delicious about Mexican food in one skillet? YES PLEASE!
When I was younger I loved coming home from school and finding that my mom had made Mexican dip for snack or dinner. The appetizing smell would hit you as soon as you walked in door, causing your stomach to growl in anticipation!
It’s so quick to make. Ideal for last minute or lazy dinner, savory snack or party food. Seriously though, at a party it is always the first dish to disappear! Excellent anytime of year.
A little bit of savory, sweet and spicy in each bite. Serve with chips for dipping or add a side of rice.
It is just as good, if not better the next day! Sometimes I like to scoop some into a tortilla and grill up for a filling lunch quesadilla!
For a party I like to serve it in a skillet, but at home a glass pan works just the same.
GLUTEN-FREE SKILLET MEXICAN DIP
- 2 - 16 oz cans GF fat-free refried beans
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- One 8 oz vegan cream cheese, room temperature
- One 12 oz can medium salsa
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese alternative of choice (vegan optional), shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In medium bowl, mix together refried beans and taco seasoning.
- Now it’s time to layer! Spread bean mixture evenly across the bottom of the skillet.
- Spread on an even layer of cream cheese, followed by a layer of salsa. (If you want to add more salsa, go for it!)
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbling.
- Allow to cool and set 8-10 minutes before serving, otherwise the dip will be too runny and will probably burn the roof of your mouth. Speaking from experience here. :)