One of the best things about summer is the fresh produce. Like these fabulous Georgia Peaches!
In Nashville we are lucky enough to have The Peach Truck bring us the juiciest Georgia peaches straight from a Georgia farm. If you’re not in town, no worries—they ship nationwide!!
As soon as I get those fuzzy, ripe peaches in my hands, my mind whirls with all their potential—crumbles, pies, galettes, tarts, popsicles, scones, ice cream, salad…the list goes on and on!
If you can't decide, they are fabulous to eat right out of the bag! Sometimes I have to buy a second bag. One to complete whatever recipe I’m making and another bag for me to eat while I am making the recipe.
No matter how many peach recipes I make, I always come back to the humble peach crisp. For me it is the dessert incarnation of summer!
GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN PEACH CRISP
- 4 cups fresh peaches, sliced
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cold vegan butter substitute, cubed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- If prefered, peel peaches.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread peach slices evenly in an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and salt. Use a pastry cutter to combine until evenly crumbled.
- Fold oats into mixture. Sprinkle over peach layer in baking dish and press the topping down.
- Bake roughly 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.