Remember earlier this year when we upgraded some store-bought hummus to hearty, delicious mediterranean dip? Well we’re about to do the same but taking it south of the border for a little fiesta!
Let’s be honest, is there anyone out there who doesn’t enjoy Mexican food on the reg. Tacos, burritos, quesadillas, chip and guacamole, margaritas…oh my! So much goodness for one type of ethnic food.
The dip provides the crisp, bold and fresh flavors you expect from Mexican cuisine. Plus it’s not spicy unless you top with a ton of jalapeños.
It is simply a beautifully refreshing and colorful upgrade to a humble container of store-bought hummus.
If you’re running even shorter on time: Top hummus with pre-made guac and pico then drizzle with lime juice. I won’t tell.
STORE-BOUGHT UPGRADE: MEXICAN HUMMUS (GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE OPTIONAL)
- 1-17 oz container of hummus (I would recommend black bean)
- 1/2 bag taco seasoning or GF version (like McCormick® Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning)
- 2 tbsp sour cream or vegan sour cream (like Tofutti)
- 1/3 cup roasted corn (from the salad/antipasto bar at the grocery store)
- 1/3 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onions, chopped
- 1/2 medium avocado, peeled and diced
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- Jalapeños, finely diced (optional)
- Transfer hummus to serving bowl and mix in taco seasoning.
- Top with a layer of sour cream, roasted corn, tomatoes, onions and avo.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro, lime juice and jalapeños (optional).
*Don’t forget to provide something to dip - crackers, toasted pita slices, chips or vegetable sticks.