Sweet potatoes have been growing on me over the past year. I was never a fan because Southerns make their sweet potatoes into casseroles with tons of butter, brown sugar and marshmallows. No thanks!
But salty, sweet and crispy…that’s something I can get in to. I first tried sweet potato chips from the store, but why buy chips when you can make them? These are easy, addicting and can be whipped up in 30 minutes or less, whenever you want!
GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN SWEET POTATO CHIPS
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Season to taste (I like to use salt, pepper and thyme)
- Pecorino cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice sweet potatoes using a mandolin into roughly 1/8 inch slices.
- In large bowl, toss slices with olive oil.
- Lay slices in a single layer on the lined baking sheet and sprinkle with seasonings of choice.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, slipping chips halfway through.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Enjoy and if there are any leftovers, store in airtight container.