Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Avo Toast with Roasted Tomatoes + Balsamic Vinegar
Whenever I have breakfast or brunch out, I always seem to order avocado toast. It’s amazingly fresh, light and actually leaves you feeling fresh and light unlike most breakfast options (cue: hash brown casserole with a side of bacon).
Yes, it’s perfect for breakfast, but it’s also the perfect lunch or snack.
There are so many variations that there is an avo toast for everyone. Unless you don’t like avocados then I can’t help you.
One of my favorite ways: Drizzle with Sriracha sauce to give it a kick! But just do you.
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE AVO TOAST WITH ROASTED TOMATOES & BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced lengthwise twice
- 2 tsp + 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- A sprig of fresh thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 slices of gluten-free bread (like Udi’s)
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and line small baking pan with parchment paper.
- Toss tomato slices with 2 tsp olive oil and thyme. Season with salt & pepper.
- Transfer mixture to baking pan and bake 8-10 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and blistered. Set aside.
- In the meantime, toast bread slices then spread avocado mash equally on both slices.
- Cook eggs to preference. I like mine sunny side up so they’re a bit runny over the toast. For Sunny Side Up Eggs: In a small frying pan over medium-low heat, add 1 1/2 tsp of olive oil (enough to coat the bottom).
- Crack the eggs into the pan. Turn down the temperature if the oil starts to spit. Cook until the tops of the whites are set but the yolk is still runny.
- With a spatula, transfer to paper towel-lined plate and gently dab to soak up excess oil.
- Top each slice of avo toast with an egg, roasted tomatoes and additional salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.