What’s your go-to pub food? Mine is a two way tie between jalapeño poppers and curly fries. Since I have no idea how to make curly fries, I decided to make jalapeño poppers instead. Unfortunately they actually are a ton of work to make individual poppers so for us lazy folks there is such thing as jalapeño popper dip!!
Creamy and crunchy with a that jalapeño “bite!” I would make this again next week…and the next week…and the next week…
GLUTEN-FREE JALAPENO POPPER DIP
- 2 (8oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup goat cheddar, grated
- 1/2 cup pecorino, grated and divided
- 1/2 cup gluten-free seasoned breadcrumbs (I used Ian’s)
- 1 (4oz) chilies, chopped (4oz can of green chilies will work as well)
- 6-8 oz jalapeños, chopped (depending on your spice preference)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Tortilla chips, crostini or crackers for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In stand mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, mayo, cheddar, chilies, peppers and 1/4 cup of parmesan until well combined and smooth.
- Transfer mixture to an 8x8 baking dish.
- In separate bowl, mix bread crumbs, oil and remaining Pecorino.
- Spoon crumb mixture over cheese mixture in baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool 10-15 minutes to set or dig in while it’s pipping hot and runny. It’s up to you!
- Serve with chips, bread or crackers.