Gluten-Free Honey-Glazed Brussels Sprouts (Vegan Optional)
Did y’all know it’s actually plural Brussels in Brussels sprouts. I have always written and said Brussel sprouts, no S. Hmmm. I guess you learn something new everyday.
Just like I leant to enjoy these leafy green, miniature cabbages. I have strongly opposed the texture and taste of Brussels sprouts growing up, but have recently come to really enjoy them. I think it was just the way I had always been served them—from hot stations at meat n’ threes. They have been soggy and probably overcooked form sitting out.
When my favorite local restaurant opened up their new location in Nashville’s Gulch, I couldn’t resist ordering one of everything, which included a dish with charred Brussels sprouts. I’m so glad I gave them another shot because they were delicious and now I can’t stop making them.
[By the way if you are ever in Nashville, I cannot recommend Little Octopus enough! Their menu is tapas style and everything is delicious, you really can’t go wrong. Plus their spot in the Gulch is hard to beat in both design and location.]
If you’re still on the fence, try this recipe and hopefully you’ll be converted too!
GLUTEN-FREE HONEY GLAZED BRUSSELS SPROUTS (Vegan Optional)
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, halved
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional - Pecorino cheese, grated for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to baking sheet and roast, stirring occasionally for roughly 20 minutes or until tender and caramelized.
- Place Brussels sprouts back in bowl. Add remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, sherry vinegar and honey and toss to coat.
- Adjust seasonings taste.