Since we were young we’ve been told to get our 8 glasses of water per day. Well I took the challenge and really monitored how much water I was drinking a day for a solid month, aiming for a minimum of 8 (8 oz) glasses.
Now I’m keeping it up because the results worked for me. My skin is clearer, I’ve gotten less headaches, I feel more energized, and my body feels cleaner (less toxins). Plus it’s kickstarting my weight loss because I’m filling up on water and generally eating less.
But drinking straight water all day get boring so I started flavoring my pitchers. One of our friends told us about this combination and it’s legit!
Here are just a few of the benefits:
- Ginger is a super root! It takes care of everything from nausea to inflammation while boosting metabolism and providing a soothing flavor with a kick of spice.
- Fresh mint calms the stomach and aids in digestion.
- Lemon decreases stomach bloat and cleanses the body.
- Cucumber is a natural diuretic and gives the water a mildly sweet flavor.
It’s a great addition to any diet or to mix up the monotony of drinking straight water. Have you tried drinking your daily 8 glasses? How'd it go? Did you notice a difference in your health?
GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN SASSY WATER
- 8 1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp ginger root, skin removed and grated
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 12 mint leaves
- Add all ingredients in large pitcher and allow flavor to infuse overnight in the fridge.
- Strain before drinking (or use an infuser pitcher).