Fresh basil and pasta. Need I say more?
Honestly the smell of fresh basils transports me back to the winding, cobblestone streets of Italia. I can picture it now, I’m sitting outside a small, family-owned trattoria basking in the ambience of a gorgeous evening with a glass of wine in one hand and a fork in the other, salivating over another amazing meal placed in front of me. If you have never been to Italy, seriously stop reading my jibber jabber and get on a plane to go! It will change your life.
But if you can leave tonight, this pesto will do you right!
Bright, fresh, aromatic.
Enjoy al fresco with friends, surprise your S.O. on date night or just mix up your regular routine. You won’t regret it.
I wish I was eating it again right now!
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, stems removed
- 2 tbsp pinenuts
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Pecorino cheese, freshly grated
- In a food processor, combine basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic until mixture is smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and mixture is well combined.
- Add in cheese and process until just combined.
- Toss on pasta before serving.
- Store excess in fridge.