Ahh…the humble potato. This starchy vegetable has earned it’s spot as a staple food in almost every culture and every household. Partly because they are DELICIOUS and partly because they are incredibly versatile. Bake them, mash them, smash them, shred them, boil them, fry them. Today though, we are going to roast them.
Baking and roasting are definitely the easiest ways to prep potatoes, but roasting potatoes is the quickest. Mix everything up, toss them in the oven and BOOM, dinner is served.
The potatoes are well seasoned, crispy, and full of flavor. They’re yummy on their own and yummy dipped in sauce. I particularly love to serve them with Coffee-Balsamic Chicken and it’s fabulous sauce!!!
Whats your favorite way to prepare potatoes?
ROASTED RED POTATOES
- 1 (3 lb) bag of red potatoes, washed and halved
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp vegan butter substitute, melted
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried Italian spice mix
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Pecorino, finely grated
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed and divided
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Additional chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly oil a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with oil, butter, garlic, Italian spice, paprika, salt, pepper, parsley, pecorino and 3/4 of the lemon juice until well coated.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer cut-side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway through. The potatoes are ready when their golden brown and are tender enough to be pierced with a fork.
- Transfer to serving dish, season with additional salt and pepper to taste and garnish with extra parsley.