Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate-Dipped Potato Chips
We went to a party once where they had chocolate dipped potato chips and remember thinking “that’s odd.” But then I tried them. End of story.
Salty, sweet, crunchy and creamy all converge on one ruffly chip from a bag at the store. Who would have thought?
Their quite simple to make and are perfect for any get together!
Just one tip: If you get water in the melted chocolate mixture, it will seize and you’ll have to start over. Seized chocolate is difficult to save.
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE CHOCOLATE-DIPPED POTATO CHIPS
- 1 (13-15 oz) bag of ridge-cut potato chips
- 1 1/2 cups dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate chips in double-boiler over medium heat and completely melt until smooth.
- Dip each chip halfway into the melted chocolate and shake of excess before placing on baking sheet.
- If using sprinkles, sprinkle them over the chocolate coated chips while the chocolate is still wet.
- Allow chips to completely dry before serving.