Let’s be honest, we don’t always have time to make everything from scratch like we would like and that’s okay. This is where upgrading a recipe comes into play—starting with something store-bought and making it better.
Upgraded recipes are especially great if you want to actually enjoy the company you invited over, instead of spending the entire time in the kitchen.
One of the easiest items to upgrade, hummus makes the perfect snack or appetizer. And since hummus already comes in a variety of flavors, it can mach whatever vibe you’re feeling that day. Today we were feeling Mediterranean and used pine nut hummus as the base!
P.S. Don’t worry, I’ll share some of our other favorite hummus upgrade in the future!
STORE-BOUGHT UPGRADE: GLUTEN-FREE MEDITERRANEAN HUMMUS (VEGAN OPTIONAL)
- 1-17 oz container of hummus (I would recommend pine nut or garlic)
- 1/3 cup of sun dried tomatoes, sliced and drained
- 1/3 cup goat feta cheese, crumbled or vegan cheese alternative
- 8-oz store-bought olive tapenade
- Transfer hummus into serving bowl.
- Top with the sun dried tomatoes, crumbled feta, and olive tapenade.
Don’t forget to provide something to dip - crackers, toasted pita slices, chips or vegetable sticks.