Gluten-Free, Vegan Honey Walnut Cream Cheese
There was nothing more exciting than getting to stop for breakfast bagels on the way to school. When you’re a lazy teenager having food magically appear is the perfect start to any day. At this point I was still eating dairy and gluten while blissfully unaware of how sick it was making me. But that’s neither here nor there.
My favorite was getting a toasted bagel with a fancy, flavored cream cheese. Mind you this was before flavored cream cheeses were readily available in grocery stores, just in specific bagel shops. The epitome of fancy, flavored cream cheese for me was honey walnut.
Sweet, nutty, and creamy smeared between two crunchy, warm bagel slices.
Luckily I can still enjoy the flavors that were so exciting in my youth by making my own gluten-free, vegan fancy, flavored cream cheese, and now you can too!
GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN HONEY WALNUT CREAM CHEESE
- 1 (8 oz) vegan cream cheese, softened (like Tofutti)
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon
- Handful of walnuts, crushed
- In a food processor, combine cream cheese alternative, brown sugar, honey, vanilla extract and cinnamon until smooth. If you don’t have a food processor, simply whip until texture is smooth.
- Fold in walnut pieces.
- Store in airtight container in fridge.