Start your weekend early with this tropical smoothie inspired by the always delicious island favorite.
Just like the cocktail, this smoothie is full of flavorful, juicy pineapple and sweet, rich coconut, with the addition of creamy, filling banana, protein powder and rolled oats.
It’s like a vacation in a glass. All that's missing is the sand between your toes.
GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN PINA COLADA SMOOTHIE
- 1 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup gluten-free old-fashioned oats (like Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 large ripe banana, peeled and frozen
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (soy and almond milk will also work)
- 1/3 cup coconut yogurt (like So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt Alternative)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Small scoop of vanilla protein powder (like Vega Protein Smoothie)
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately. Freeze any remnants.