Alright gang, we’ve made it to Thursday and as they say, “it’s all downhill from here!” Though in the grand scheme this week has actually been quite nice.
- We’ve only had to do one grocery run. Usually we end of having to go to a couple stores to find everything or forget items and have to go back mid-week. We spent more time crafting our meal plan (including breakfast and snacks) which has made a huge difference.
- We both wrapped up some projects and each started new projects that we’re equally excited about. I can’t wait to share with every soon.
- It’s snowing again! I always have loved cold weather and snow. There’s something calming and relaxing and beautiful about looking out the window and seeing tiny snowflakes falling peacefully to the ground.
But since we finally got to share our wedding destination, we have been dreaming about beautiful sunsets, velvety white sand, and of course the fresh fruit! Hence, time for a tropical fruit smoothie!
Seriously guys!! This smoothie is the bee’s knees and I have selfishly been keeping it to myself, but alas—no more!
Start with the pineapple, Hawaii’s pride and joy! Pineapple brings it’s citrus-y, tangy juice to the combo. Plus drinking pineapple juice helps the body synthesize collagen. Collagen is what helps skin stay firm and flexible.
Then add mango. Sweet and juicy. It definitely enhances the tropical flavor.
To smooth the bright and invigorating punch packed by the fruit, we’ll need to add some milk. I use almond milk since it’s what I typically have on hand, though I think soy would provide additional sweetness and coconut milk would be a great addition as well since it keeps with the Hawaiian flair. Whatever you choice, it’s going to be great. :)
Now for some green! Spinach’s mild-flavored leaves rank high on the world’s healthiest foods while basil’s slightly sweet, aromatic flavor is an unexpected addition that really compliments the freshness of the drink.
Blend it all together and what you get is a refreshing, smooth and creamy yet tangy, fibre-packed immunity blend smoothie! Perfect for breakfast or snack.
Give it a try and let me know if you’re not Livin’ la vid-aloha!
GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN GREEN MANGO SMOOTHIE
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup spinach (or kale if you’re into that)
- 1 cup almond milk or alternative milk of choice
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, topped, cored and sliced
- A few basil leaves
- Optional: 1 tbsp protein powder
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and enjoy!