Gluten-Free, Vegan Frozen Yogurt-Covered Blueberries
Time for a truth bomb: I am a snacker! Seriously a major snacker.
Anytime I walk by the kitchen I am grabbing a handful of something whether it be nuts, fruits, cheese, cookies, candy…it doesn’t really matter. If it’s out, it’s mine!
Thankfully these yogurt-covered blueberries are super simple, sweet and filling. A healthy alternative to the chocolate cake I’ve been eyeing all day.
Blueberries are more than just a sweet treat. They actually are one of the most nutrient-dense foods in the world. Their super-rich in antioxidants which can help combat aging, support digestion, fight cancer and even promote weight loss.
This is a reminder for me as much as it is for y’all—next time you walk by the pitch for a snack reach for a healthy superfood. The best part? They can be all yours in three simple steps: dip, freeze, eat!
GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN FROZEN YOGURT-COVERED BLUEBERRIES
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt alternative of choice (like So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk Yogurt Alternative)
- Honey (optional)*
- A couple toothpicks
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Skewer a blueberry with a toothpick and dip in yogurt. *If you want to add more sweetness, mix a bit of honey into the yogurt first.
- Place blueberry on prepared baking sheet.
- Continue dipping and placing blueberries in a single-layer on the baking sheet.
- Freeze for about an hour.
- Enjoy! Store extras in airtight container in the freezer.