Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Pecan Lace Cookies
Autumn is by far the best smelling time of year. The air is crisp and full of scents like apple cider, cloves, cinnamon, oranges, brown sugar, and of course toasted pecans! It smells good enough to eat. Unfortunately that won’t satisfy your sweet tooth this autumn, but these pecan lace cookies definitely will!
Aptly named for their intricate look, these cookies are surprising simple to make. The delicate, crispy design occurs naturally in the oven so you don’t have to be artistic in order to make them.
Each buttery bite melts in your mouth while the toasted pecan pieces do a little dance on your taste buds.
Excellent with an afternoon cuppa or as an impressive homemade holiday gift (hint, hint!)!
Happy National Pecan Cookie Day!
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE PECAN LACE COOKIES
- 1 1/2 cups vegan butter substitute, softened
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 1/3 cups gluten-free flour
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups pecans, roughly chopped
For Chocolate Drizzle (optional):
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 3-4 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine butter, sugar, and syrups, stirring until smooth.
- Increase heat and bring mixture to boil, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour well.
- Mix in vanilla and pecans, stirring until well combined.
- Space teaspoonfuls of dough 3-inches apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Repeat steps 6-8 until all dough has been used. Allow cookies to cool completlely on baking sheets.
- For Chocolate Drizzle (optional): In the meantime, prepare the chocolate drizzle by melting the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until the chocolate melts and is smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the tops then place the baking sheets in the fridge until the chocolate is firm.
Store in airtight container.