Wow, that is a mouthful! And I mean a mouthful in the length of the name and a literal mouthful as in my mouth is currently stuffed with these Pumpkin Spice Soft Pretzel-Style Bites!
Everyone is all about PSLs when October rolls around, but let’s not stop at lattes; pumpkin spice can make everything taste like fall!
Over the past couple years, pumpkin spice has EXPLODED in popularity! Starbucks released it’s PSL at the end of August this year…AUGUST! October 1 is National Pumpkin Spice Day. That’s more than a month early. People be crazy.
Now you can walk into any grocery store in October and find pumpkin spiced everything from pop-tarts, ice cream, creamer, candy corn, Cheerios, OREOs, waffles, nuts, yogurt, cheesecake and that’s just what’s right by the front door. I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again, ain’t nothing wrong with being #basic!
Pumpkin Spice Season is just a blink away from high boots, cozy scarfs, and sandalwood candles that the cooler weather brings.
So I say “cheers to pumpkin spice!” with these Gluten-Free, Vegan Pumpkin Spice Soft Pretzel Bites.
Awhile ago I discovered Wholly Gluten Free Pizza Dough in the freezer section of a Wegman’s and instantly became obsessed. It’s not only delicious just as pizza (or calzone) crust, it can be used in almost any situation where a quality gluten-free dough is needed. Check out the Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Garlic Knots + Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Mini Pizza Dough Cinnamon Buns we already use this dough to make!
I’m sure if you search “Recipes Using Pizza Dough” you’d be pleasantly surprised how versatile pre-made refrigerated pizza dough can be, AND how it can be a real timesaver!
These Gluten-Free, Vegan Pumpkin Spice Soft Pretzel Bites are no exception. Each bite is sugared, spiced, and pumpkin-y nice! :)
Each bite is brushed with melted vegan butter substitute and tossed with a pumpkin spice-sugar mixture, aka bursting with comforting autumn flavors like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves!
You can purchase pumpkin spice mix from the store or make your own batch at home—Gluten-Free, Vegan Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix.
Did you know brushing the dough with the baking soda is what transforms the pizza dough into a pretzel; the baking soda gives pretzels the brown and shiny exterior.
Gluten-Free, Vegan Pumpkin Spice Soft Pretzel Bites
- 1 (14 oz) package of Wholly Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 8 tbsp vegan butter substitute, divided
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into a 24-inch long then slice into 24 1-inch pieces.
- Roll each slice into a ball and place on baking sheet roughly 1 inch apart.
- Whisk the baking soda and warm water together until dissolved.
- Brush the mixture over each ball and allow the balls to dry for roughly 3 minutes.
- In the meantime melt 4 tbsp of vegan butter substitute.
- Brush the balls with the melted butter.
- Bake 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the bites are in the oven, whisk together the sugar and spice in a small bowl until well combined.
- When the bites are cool enough to handle, melt the remaining 4 tbsp vegan butter substitute and brush over the bites then toss in the sugar mixture until well coated.
- Place on a plate and serve!