Louisiana, especially around New Orleans, is a cultural mixing pot of music, language, architecture, religions and of course FOOD—all thanks to it’s rich history of French and Spanish colonial occupation of the territory.
NOLA is a city full of life! Lively street performers, colorful balconied buildings, bold spices, decadent sweets, friendly faces, and festivals celebrating everything from jazz, local cuisine, and the start of the Lenten season. :)
A city where jazz music and culture reign supreme, and fresh seafood, cajun spices, and fried foods are more than just dinner, they’re a way of life.
Technically today, October 12th, is National Gumbo Day but with everyone sharing their versions of the Creole classic I wanted to share another Louisiana-inspired favorite—Gluten-Free Spicy Crab Dip.
It’s spicy, creamy, and stuffed with crab. Essentially all the best foods in one delish dip!
Serve it with a variety dippers for a snack or appetizer…or SNACKATIZER!
For a Louisiana twist we’re using Chachere and TABASCO, brands well ingrained in Louisiana culture.
Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend!
Gluten-Free Louisiana-Inspired Spicy Crab Dip
- 3/4 lb jumbo lump crabmeat
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Pecorino, grated
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 5 scallions, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, finely minced
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1/4 tsp Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning, additional to taste
- 2 tsp TABASCO Brand Pepper Sauce, or hot sauce of choice
- Dippers of choice like Glutino Original Gluten Free Bagel Chips, corn tortilla chips, gluten-free crackers, gluten-free bread, or vegetable sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients, stirring until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to 8x8 (or similar capacity) oven safe baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until bubbly and browned.
- Serve with dippers of choice.