This is Halloween, this is Halloween,
Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!
Has anyone else been singing this song on repeat since Oct 1? Everyone hail to the pumpkin song.
In October, pumpkins are king and with pumpkin carving season in full swing, don’t let your raw pumpkin seeds go to waste! Pumpkin seeds may be small, but they pack a big, nutritious punch! They are rich in magnesium, zinc, healthy fats, iron and more. Plus they make a great snack and can be used on everything from salads to muffins.
GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN PUMPKIN SEEDS
- 1 1/2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt, more to taste*
*Substitute garlic salt with whatever seasoning you prefer. Some great options: cayenne, cinnamon sugar, or Old Bay.
- Remove seeds from pumpkin and place in a colander, rinsing with water removing as much of the pumpkin pieces as possible.
- Allow seeds to air dry overnight on a a baking sheet.
- The next day, preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove any remaining pieces of pumpkin from the seeds.
- In a mixing bowl combine seeds with olive oil and garlic salt, tossing until well coated.
- Spread the seeds on the prepared baking sheet and bake roughly 30-40 minutes or until seeds are golden brown in color.
- Sample and toss with additional seasoning if desired.
Store the roasted seeds in an airtight container for up to three days.