I brunch. You brunch. We all brunch with this savory, filling, protein-packed frittata.
This is such an easy, quick recipe. It’s perfect for when you wake up wanting food to magically appear. Honestly anyone can make this one! (Even my sister whose cooking-incapable.)
The eggs expand creating an airy pie while the onions and peppers add crunch with western undertones. The chicken sausage (or regular sausage if you want) another level of flavor depending on the flavoring you choose. I like to use chicken apple sausage for a hint of sweetness! If you want something spicier. try andouille sausage or chorizo.
Mmmm…what a way to start your day!
Note: If you are dairy free, make sure to check he ingredients. Some sausages have cheese mixed in.
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE SAUSAGE, PEPPER & ONION FRITTATA
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 lb. chicken sausage, cooked and cut into rounds
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4-6 eggs
- 1/4 cup cheese, grated (optional)
- 1 tsp oregano
- Preheat broiler.
- In 7-inch cast iron pan, heat oil and sauté onions and peppers over medium heat for 10 minutes or until veggies are caramelized. Make sure to scrap the bottom of pan with wooden spoon to get all the tasty brown bits!
- While veggies are cooking, whisk eggs and salt in medium mixing bowl.
- Add sausage to veggies and mix in pan.
- Reduce heat and pour eggs over sausages and veggies in pan. Cook 5 minutes or until a shallow layer of uncooked eggs remain on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese (if using) and oregano. Transfer pan to broiler and cook until top is cooked and beginning to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Allow frittata to cool in pan a few minutes until slicing into wedges to serve.