Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chicken Salad
With summer in sight, it’s time for chicken salad! It may not be the most appealing dish when photographed, but the taste will more than make up for it.
Chock full of tender chicken coated in a fresh, tangy dressing. The addition of the red grape pieces and slivered almonds add an unexpected burst of sweet juiciness and crunch.
Enjoy a scoop atop a crisp salad, as a a dip with crackers or serve on freshly baked bread! Whatever way you choose, you can’t go wrong!
There is a ton of wiggle room in this recipe. If you like more or less dressing on your chicken salad, go for it!
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE CHICKEN SALAD
- 1 GF rotisserie chicken, pulled and shredded
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, chopped
- 1/3 cup almonds, slivered
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Dash of fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mixing until well combined.
- Add additional mayo and mustard according to taste preference.
*Yogurt or vegan alternative can be substituted for mayonnaise.