It’s the Friday before Christmas and a little chilly outside so it’s time for a Christmas movie day!
What’s your favorite holiday flick?
Some families have traditions of watching the same movies every year, but we like to mix it up. Though of course whenever Christmas Vacation is on tv we’ll be watching.
If there ever was a quotable Christmas movie, it’s Christmas Vacation. Elf has some pretty great lines, but nothing can top “And why is the carpet all wet, Todddddddd?”
Anyway, movies aren’t complete without some popcorn and this recipe takes a standard bag of microwave popcorn and turns it into a slightly salted, creamy peanut butter dream.
The best part is its so simple!
The texture and flavor combination is riiiight on! crunchy, chewy, creamy, salty, sweet…each bite has got us verbally uttering YUM. :)
Plus Gluten-Free, Vegan Peanut Butter Popcorn makes a fabulous holiday nifty gifty treat.
You can also form the mix into balls. Do you remember popcorn balls? There was a lady in my neighborhood growing up who always made them for trick or treaters around Halloween. Homemade treats don’t really fly anymore but back in the day everyone booked it to her house.
Gluten-Free, Vegan Peanut Butter Popcorn
- 1 bag of simply salted microwave popcorn
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Pop the bag of microwave popcorn.
- When popped, carefully open one end of the bag slightly and gently shake upside down to allow unpopped kernels to fall out of the bag. Discard unpopped kernels.
- Empty the popped popcorn into a large bowl.
- Add brown sugar and corn syrup to medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until well combined.
- Pour mixture over the popcorn and stir to coat.