Hopefully by now y’all know how obsessed LeBraun and I are with Sweetgreen and their “fancy salads” so with all the fresh produce available right now (yay Summer!), we can’t wait to eat them all!
I’ve posted a picture of this salad before but now here’s the recipe! I love the simplicity of this salad. It tastes professional but is incredibly easy to prepare, and I love a recipe that requires very little effort.
The dressing is creamy, light and tangy which the perfect juxtaposition to the sweet dried cranberries, salty seeds and crunchy greens. It’s a wonderful combinations of flavors and textures. If you want something with a little of everything, this Gluten-Free Shredded Brussels Sprout & Spinach Salad is it!
Give it a go and let me know what you think. #heystudioist or tag @studioist on IG
Gluten-Free Shredded Brussels Sprout & Spinach Salad
For Dressing: (n1)
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon style mustard
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, washed, halved and shredded
- 2 cups baby spinach, washed and chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup Pecorino, grated
- 1/3 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
For Lemon Vinaigrette:
- In a small bowl, prepare the vinaigrette.
- Juice one lemon into the bowl and remove the seeds.
- Add the Dijon mustard, oregano, salt, and pepper. Whisk together.
- Once mixed, slowly add the olive oil while continuing to whisk until evenly blended.
- Set aside until ready to dress the salad.
- Add shredded Brussels sprouts and chopped spinach to a large bowl.
- Toss greens with dressing and remaining salad ingredients.
- Adjust seasonings to preference.
- Allow salad to marinate for 10 minutes before serving.
Notes: n1. I love this dressing and even used it for on another Brussels sprouts salad, check it out: Gluten-Free, Vegan Light & Lemonly Brussels Sprouts Salad n2. This is definitely a salad for sharing. It's way too big for one person to eat.