Valentine’s Day is 2 days away, which means I’m baking away in the kitchen! Not to mention Galentine’s Day is only 1 day away, which means extra baking!
How many of you celebrate Galentine’s Day? For those of you who haven’t watch Parks and Recreations, Galentine’s Day is a holiday invented by Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) for “ladies celebrating ladies.” Not everyone may have a significant other to spend Valentine’s Day with but on February 13th, it’s not just about some guy, it’s about your best girl friends. P.S. If you haven’t watch Parks and Rec yet, do’t put it off. It’s hilarious, heartfelt and just plain good. And it’s on Netflix right now so you have zero excuses.
For Valentine’s Day - February 14th - LeBraun and I typically celebrate a few days later to avoid the crowds, set-menus, and themed decor. Not that we have anything against Valentine’s Day, we just don’t like being around too many people at once. That’s the introvert way. Haha
But just because we’re not out and about doesn’t mean we’re not spreading the holiday love. We love delivering sweet treat and goodies to the people we love. Even though this year we’re not in Nashville where most of our friends are, we still get to make deliveries to our sweet friends here in the DMV.
The key to homemade goody trays, especially if you have a lot of them to make, is to pick treats that are simple to make or at least a good variety of complex and simple recipes. That way you’re not overwhelmed by the amount of baking you have or how everything will time out. That’s where goodies like old fashioned sugar wafers come in!
Sugar wafers are a childhood favorite. Thin and crunchy wafers layered with creamy filling to create a delicate and satisfying (not to mention sugar-filled) treat! “Upgrading” them with chocolate is a great way to save time and invoke some nostalgia this Valentine’s Day!
We originally were on the hunt for Strawberry flavored sugar wafers for a fun spin on chocolate dipped strawberries, but having no luck ended up with a lemon version. Still delicious just not as Valentine’s Day themed. Plus the lemon ones were Glutino and therefore gluten-free, hooray!
These are easy, peasy to make. Simply melt, dip, and sprinkle. BOOM!
Chocolate-Dipped Sugar Wafers are perfect for Galentine’s Day, Valentine’s Day, or just the perfect last-minute sweet treat.
Their delicate yet crunchy. Sweet and chocolate-y. Not to mention just plain cute. Who’s going to turn down a goodie tray with these bites of nostalgic deliciousness? Not I, good sir. Not I!
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE NO BAKE CHOCOLATE-DIPPED SUGAR WAFERS
- 1 (7.1 oz) box of Glutino Gluten-Free Sugar Wafers
- 1/2 (10 oz) bag of Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mega Chunks
- 1-3 types of sprinkles (check ingredients if gluten-free)
- Open sugar wafer package.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chunks. Melt in 30 second intervals stirring between each until smooth and creamy.
- Dip each sugar wafer into melted chocolate roughly 1/3 of the way up the wafer.
- Gently shake to remove excess chocolate, sprinkle with sprinkles, then place on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat until all wafers are coated. Melt additional chocolate as needed.
- Set aside and allow chocolate to harden completely before serving.