In grade school Valentine’s Day was awesome! Not only did you get cheesy/punny Valentine’s cards covered with your favorite characters, you got temporary tattoos, lollipops, cute erasers, and candies! Especially Hershey Kisses and homemade rice krispy treats!
I’m sure nowadays with so many allergies and stranger-danger in schools kids are getting things like pencils and stickers instead of sweets, but there’s something about homemade treats that brings me back to Valentine’s Days are yesteryears.
Now I love rice krispy treats! They are so simple and so delicious. And LeBraun loves Oreos, but since they’re not vegan we swapped them for Newman O’s. Same great taste sans the cross-contamination. Note: Oreos have been widely considered vegan though their website says “Oreo have milk as cross contact and therefore they are not suitable for vegans.”
Once we learned the truth about gelatin (if you don’t know it’s gross, you’ve been warned if you’re going to look it up) a few years ago we knew we needed a suitable alternative for marshmallows are they were in our all-time favorite dessert—s’mores!
Luckily we found Dandies! They’re 100% vegan and the perfect gelatin-free alternatives with the same great taste.
So combining a couple of our easy sweet tastes means delicious Valentine’s (or Galentine’s Day) treats for all the ones you love!
P.S. I’ve had a head cold for the past couple days so if any of the above is mumbo-jumbo just ignore it and know these are treats are yummy. I’ll circle back when these meds wear off. :) Hope y’all are escaping cold season unscathed.
GIANT VEGAN COOKIES N’ CREME RICE KRISPY TREAT KISS
yields 2 giant kisses*
- 3 tbsp vegan butter substitute (like Earth Balance)
- 1 (10 oz) package of Dandies All Natural Vanilla Marshmallows
- 5 cups Rice Krispy cereal
- 10+ Newman-O’s Creme Filled Cookies (depending on how cookie-y you * want to make these), crushed
- Medium kitchen funnel
- Oil or cooking spray
- Aluminum foil
- Print Giant Kiss Label
- Microwave butter substitute in large microwave-safe bowl for 45 seconds or until melted.
- Add marshmallows, tossing to coat.
- Microwave for 1 1/2-minutes or until marshmallows are melted. Stir with a silicon spatula until well combined.
- Add cereal and crushed cookies, mix well.
- Lightly oil or spray the inside “cone” of the funnel and gently press the mixture into the funnel to create the cone shape.
- Allow to set in funnel for 10 minutes before gently shaking to remove.
- When set, wrap the rice krispy kiss in aluminum foil.
- Print, cutout and tuck corner of label flag into the top of the aluminum foil.
Deliver to your loves!
depending on size of your funnel