Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Champagne Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting
When you think about traditional Valentine’s Day treats, strawberries and champagne top the list. Classy and just plain delicious!
This elegant twist on the classic pairs a champagne-infused cupcake with homemade strawberry frosting—an ideal way to spread the love at holiday parties, co-workers or as gifts for the ones you love most!
These can be made in mini cupcake tins as well. I made mine in large cupcake tins since I would have eaten two minis per serving anyway, might as well eat one large one and save time on the decorating. Just saying. :)
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE CHAMPAGNE CUPCAKES WITH STRAWBERRY FROSTING
- 1 2/3 cup gluten-free flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup vegan butter substitute, room temperature
- 1 cup champagne
- 1/2 cup whole frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup vegan butter substitute
- 3 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Fill cupcake pan with liners.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking soda and baking powder.
- On medium speed, add butter substitute, egg whites, vanilla and champagne until smooth. Careful not to over-mix.
- Fill cupcake liners roughly 3/4 full and bake 18-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool in cupcake pans for 2-4 minutes before transferring to cooling rack and allowing to cool completely.
- In the meantime, place strawberries in a food processor until pureed. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat together butter substitute and salt until fluffy.
- Reduce mixer speed. Add powdered sugar to butter mixture 1/2 cup at a time, continuously beating until well combined.
- Add vanilla and 3 tbsp of the strawberry puree, mixing until well blended. Frosting consistency should be dense. Careful not to over-mix.
- Fill pipping bag to decorate cupcakes. Garnish with sprinkles, strawberry slices or themed-cupcake toppers.