When you think about traditional Valentine’s Day treats, strawberries and champagne top the list. Classy and just plain delicious!
This elegant twist on the classic pairs a champagne-infused cupcake with homemade strawberry frosting—an ideal way to spread the love at holiday parties, co-workers or as gifts for the ones you love most!
These can be made in mini cupcake tins as well. I made mine in large cupcake tins since I would have eaten two minis per serving anyway, might as well eat one large one and save time on the decorating. Just saying. :)
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE CHAMPAGNE CUPCAKES WITH STRAWBERRY FROSTING
- 1 2/3 cup gluten-free flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup vegan butter substitute, room temperature
- 1 cup champagne
- 1/2 cup whole frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup vegan butter substitute
- 3 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Fill cupcake pan with liners.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking soda and baking powder.
- On medium speed, add butter substitute, egg whites, vanilla and champagne until smooth. Careful not to over-mix.
- Fill cupcake liners roughly 3/4 full and bake 18-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool in cupcake pans for 2-4 minutes before transferring to cooling rack and allowing to cool completely.
- In the meantime, place strawberries in a food processor until pureed. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat together butter substitute and salt until fluffy.
- Reduce mixer speed. Add powdered sugar to butter mixture 1/2 cup at a time, continuously beating until well combined.
- Add vanilla and 3 tbsp of the strawberry puree, mixing until well blended. Frosting consistency should be dense. Careful not to over-mix.
- Fill pipping bag to decorate cupcakes. Garnish with sprinkles, strawberry slices or themed-cupcake toppers.