Gluten-Free, Vegan Skillet S'mores
I CAN NOT believe I haven’t shared anything s’more-related with y’all yet. We are a household obsessed with them. In fact we are having s’mores at our wedding. Yes, you heard me right, we’ve opted for a s’more bar.
I know most people associate s’mores with summer camping excursions, but I am here to let you know it is totally fine to enjoy this simple delicacy year-round! We do and we have no regrets!
The combination of creamy, melted chocolate and gooey, toasted marshmallow sandwiched between sweet, crunchy crackers. It’s a pairing that needs to be celebrated this month of love. A combo truly made for each other.
Now, somedays it’s too cold outside and sometimes you don’t have the time or patience to gather, set up, and start a fire in your fire pit. Or you may just be craving the warm goodness of this classic treat. Maybe it’s all three! But we’re here to say no longer will you be denied your craving due to circumstantial weather, seasons, or general fire making abilities. (If you don’t always have s’more supplies on hand then that one’s on you.)
A simple twist makes s’mores accessible anytime! VOLIA—Skillet S’mores!
I know I'm not the first to post a layered skillet s'more dip, but this is the first one we've made and it was riiiight on!!
These are what contestants on Food Network shows would call “deconstructed;” although, this is probably the easiest (and most delicious) deconstruction ever.
Simple pop 2/3rds of the ingredients in a skillet in the oven, allow to melt and toast, then serve with crackers. BOOM!
Just like that it’s all for one + s’mores for all! (or s’more for me, if you’re not into sharing!)
GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN SKILLET S’MORES
- 1/2 tbsp vegan butter substitute (like Earth Balance)
- 1 (10 oz) bag of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Roughly 1/2 of a (10 oz) bag of Dandies All-Natural Vanilla Marshmallows (enough for a single layer in skillet), halved
- 1 (8oz) box of Kinnikinnick S’moreables Gluten-Free Graham Style Crackers for dipping*
- Place 8-inch cast iron skillet in oven and preheat to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When oven is preheated, remove skillet carefully with oven mitts and melt butter substitute in skillet, slowly swirling to coat bottom and sides.
- Pour chocolate chips in warmed skillet and gently spread to cover the entire surface.
- Skillet will be hot so again carefully place halved marshmallows (cut side down) in a layer over the chocolate chips.
- Watching closely—Bake until marshmallows are toasted, roughly 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes before serving with graham style crackers.
*NOTE: Kinnikinnick’s Graham Style Crackers are processed on same equipment as eggs and soy.