If there is one recipe I make over and over, it would definitely be these sugar-coated pecans. Sweet and crunchy, these bites are perfect for countless occasions and always a crowd favorite!
They are simple enough to make larger batches to divide and give as gifts (reminder: Christmas is in a few days!) or serve them as a snack, appetizer, salad topper, sweet treat and more!
Not a fan of pecans? No worries, use whatever type of nut your heart desires. You may just have to monitor their oven time as smaller nuts may cook faster and we don’t want them to burn.
These pecans can also be used in the always delicious Brie, Apple, Honey & Walnut Crostini recipe I shared earlier this year as an alternative to the walnuts.
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE SUGAR-COATED PECANS
- 1 lb pecan halves
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp water
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Grease or parchment line a baking sheet.
- In small bowl, whisk egg white and water until foamy.
- In separate bowl, combine sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Add pecans to egg whites and stir to coat.
- Transfer nuts to dry mixture and toss together until well coated.
- Spread the nuts in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before storing.