Bake: Candy Cane Syrup
I don’t know about you but I’m not into paying $$$ for steamed almond milk with flavoring from large coffee shops when all the ingredients I need are already in my house for the holidays!
Candy canes are the quintessential Christmas candy and I always end up going peppermint crazy! I even hang them on our tree. :)
How cute would these be in small bottles as a unique homemade holiday gifts? It’s also a great way to use those extra candy canes after the holidays, so maybe a homemade Valentine’s Day gift is a better idea?
Either way you’re going to have a sweet time!
CANDY CANE SYRUP
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 standard candy canes, unwrapped*
*Additional candy canes or 1/2 tsp peppermint extract are optional for stronger flavor.
- Place candy canes and water in pot.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and continue stirring until candy is dissolved.
- Allow to cool and store in fridge.
- Add 2-3 tbsp to hot chocolate, steamed milk, coffee, etc.
NOTE: Depending on what type of candy canes you use, the color can vary from bubble gum pink to candy red, or if you use multicolored versions it will be muddy.