Gluten-Free, Vegan Fruit Salsa
I’ve never been a fan of hot and humid weather, betting suits, or the lake days that Summer inevitably brings, but what I do love about this season is all the fresh fruit!
Berries, peaches, mangoes, cherries, apricots…I could go on and on. The colors alone are FABULOUS!
How about we combine all the best colors and flavors into a refreshing, crunchy and sweet fruit salsa. It’s a great healthy alternative to everyone’s favorite happy hour get together snack—chips and salsa.
This fruit salsa is beyond juicy. Paired with some homemade gluten-free cinnamon-sugar chips…OH DANG!
It’s the perfect summer dish, great as an appetizer, or spooned on top of pancakes, waffles, crepes, etc. One of the best parts, the salsa is completely customizable. Don’t like peaches? Sub in nectarines. Want to add some blueberries? Go for it!
GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN FRUIT SALSA
For Fruit Salsa:
- 8 oz pkg. strawberries, hulled and diced (more can be added to preference)
- 3 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 1 peach, peeled and diced
- 1 mango, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 - 2 tbsp strawberry jam, to taste
For Cinnamon Sugar Chips:
- 10 gluten-free tortillas (like Rudi’s Plain Tortillas)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter substitute
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For The Chips: In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Coat one side of each tortilla with butter and cut into wedges.
- Arrange in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle wedges with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until tortillas are golden brown and crisp.
- Allow to cool.
- For Fruit Salsa: Add all ingredients in a large bowl and gently fold together until well combined.
- Serve immediately with cinnamon-sugar chips.
Note: Best eaten day-of.