Cinnamon Buns are one of my favorite breakfast items! Well it doesn’t have to be breakfast, I will take them anytime of day or night!
My mom makes wonderful ones from scratch, but sometimes you just don’t have time for that. This shortcut version for mini cinnamon buns is one I often made while at uni.
Lastly, a cinnamon bun is nothing without its cream cheese frosting. If you make frosting for cinnamon buns without it, somethings just missing!
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE MINI PIZZA DOUGH CINNAMON BUNS
For Cinnamon Buns:
- 1 (14 oz) raw gluten-free pizza dough (like Wholly Gluten-Free Pizza Dough Ball), room temperature
- 1/3 cup vegan butter substitute, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/4 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup vegan butter substitute, softened
- 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a mini muffin tin.
- Unroll dough on a lightly floured work surface then gently roll out the rectangle till roughly 1/4-inch thick.
- Gently spread the butter evenly on the dough.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans. Sprinkle mixture over the buttered dough.
- From the long edge, carefully but tightly roll the dough into a log.
- Cut the log into 1-inch slices and place each in an individual muffin mold.
- Bake 15 mins or until golden and set.
- While rolls are baking, beat butter and cream cheese until creamy and smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and salt then slowly add powdered sugar a 1/4 cup at a time until the frosting is thick yet still spreadable.
- Allow rolls to cool 1 minutes before icing.
Store additional frosting and rolls in an airtight container in the fridge.