Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Blueberry Muffins
Muffins for breakfast? Yum!
Muffins for snack? Yes, please!
Muffins for dessert? Why not?
The humble muffin is so versatile that I just keep baking them (and freezing some for later). Lately, Nashville has been experiencing weather upwards of 70 degrees F…in mid February. I can’t say I am a fan of it. I love winter weather and it already feels like late spring outside. Boo!
Whether I am a fan of the weather or not — :) —it’s got me dreaming of all the ripe, juicy berries I’ll be enjoying soon! Thus, spent time baking moist, crunch-topped blueberry muffins this weekend in anticipation for National Muffin Day on February 20. Hope you enjoy them as much as my family does.
Note: My oven bakes these beautifully, but they always seem to fall in my mom’s oven. We can’t figure out why. No worries, they may not look perfect but they will still taste delicious!
GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
For Muffin Base:
- 1 1/2 cups of gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 eggs 1/3 cup milk 1 cup fresh blueberries
For Muffin Topping:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup vegan butter substitute, cubed
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line muffin tin with liners or grease each cup.
- In medium bowl, mix sugar, flour, butter substitute and cinnamon with fork. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add vegetable oil, eggs and milk to the dry mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Fold in blueberries carefully so as to not squish them.
- Fill muffin tins to top and sprinkle with topping crumb mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Let rest in tins for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack and allowing to cool completely.