I am an animal lover to my core so it’s difficult for me to watch others feed their dogs food containing ingredients they can’t even pronounce. I watch what I put into my body so why wouldn’t I do the same for my furry friends.
I love that this recipe only uses 5 ingredients! Crazy, right? Besides all being wholesome ingredients, the treats actually hold their shape and don’t fall crumble like other recipes. Yup, whatever shape you want.
This will become your go-to recipe for puppy treats—Christmas (hint!), birthdays, Valentine’s Day, just because! Plus they make great gifts. Apparently they not only look good, but taste amazing because each of my taste-tester dogs scarfed theirs down in a second flat!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup natural unsalted peanut butter
- 1 cup skim milk (or goat milk)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease or line sheet tray with parchment paper.
- In small bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
- In medium bowl, mix peanut butter and milk then store in the dry mixture until well combined.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Roll out to 1/4 inch thick sheet and use cookie cutters to cut out desired shapes. I found my Wilton bone shape cookie cutter at Michaels.
- Space 2 inches apart onto the sheet tray and bake until lightly brown, roughly 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to cooling racks.
For an extra special treat add some puppy-friendly royal icing!