Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Pan-Fried Pierogi
Pierogi are one of those foods I could eat almost every day. Thank goodness I learned about balanced diets when I was younger or I would be in trooubbble today.
You can make them so many different ways, and I’m not just talking about methods of cooking. The fillings can be almost everything and anything. We even found some jalapeño mac n’ cheese-filled pierogi at our local farmers market.
But the best way to eat leftover boiled pierogi? Pan-fried of course! You can make the pan-fried version straight after boiling them, but I prefer pan-frying them the next day for an extra treat!
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE PAN-FRIED PIEROGI
- Line a baking sheet with a layer of parchment paper then a layer of paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Pour in enough oil to cover the bottom of a large skillet, turn on medium-heat and evenly space the pierogi.
- Fry 5-8 minutes per side, depending on how done you prefer them. Time will depend on the skillet and element so monitor carefully to get the perfect crispness for you.
- Remove from heat and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all pierogi are fried, adding oil to skillet as need.
- Serve with sour cream, onions or sauerkraut. Or all three. Maybe add some ham. Anything goes.