Nowadays most grocery stores sell pre sliced baguettes or even premade crostini, but it’s just as easy to buy a baguette and make the crostini yourself. Totally your choice!
This recipe is for universal crostini. Top these crunchy slices with everything from hummus, cheese, bruschetta, tapenade, vegetables…whatever your heart desires.
To take these to the next level: Try using an infused olive oil like lemon, porcini, chili or garlic.
- 1 baguette
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper (or your favorite seasonings)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice a baguette into roughly 1/4-1/2 inch thick pieces, brush both sides with oil and arrange on parchment lined baking sheet. I like to lightly salt and pepper each slice as well.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden, flipping crostini halfway through time.
- Let cool on baking sheets.