Well those garlic knots we made recently + the rainy day really made us crave an Italian night in so that’s just what we did.
In my opinion, Italian makes the best comfort food. Hearty, filling + delicious!
Using the tastiest Gluten-Free, Vegan Alfredo Sauce and assorted vegetables we had in our fridge, we chowed down on warm, savory pasta while sitting on the couch in our pajamas.
The crunch of the broccoli is a perfect contradiction to the creaminess of the sauce.
Now the eating on the couch in your pajamas is optional, but highly recommended. Especially if it’s on a dreary, chilly rain-filled evening.
So let’s recap: Guilt-free, vegan alfredo sauce Flavorful mushrooms Crunchy broccoli Savory Sun-dried tomatoes Pasta…need I say more?
Okay, just one more—pajamas!
Now that you’re sold on this for dinner, make sure to tag #heystudioist so I can admire your work!
A quick note from LeBraun: Breadsticks (or Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Garlic Knots) are the perfect accompaniment!
GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN ALFREDO PASTA
- @Studioist Gluten-Free, Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- 4 quarts water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 lb gluten-free, vegan pasta
- Roughly 2 cups broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 oz mushrooms
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 dehydrated sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Vegan parmesan, optional (like Go Veggie Dairy-Free Grated Parmesan Topping)
- Prepare alfredo sauce according to recipe directions.
- Bring water and 1 tbsp salt to a rolling boil in a large pot. Add pasta and cook according to directions on packaging, stirring occasionally to separate pasta.
- Add broccoli florets to boiling water during the last two minutes of the pasta’s cook time.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in medium pan over medium to high heat.
- Add the onion and cook 2 minutes to soften.
- Add mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes to the pan then salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until the mushrooms are tender and onions are translucent.
- Drain pasta and broccoli. Add back to the pot along with the sautéed vegetables and sauce.
- Cook on very low heat, tossing to combine the ingredients until sauce is heated through and pasta is well coated.
- Serve immediately. Top with a sprinkle of ground pepper and vegan parmesan, if desired.