I wasn’t lying when I said we were going to celebrate National Cookie Month! We’re three days in and here is your second cookie recipe.
LeBraun’s two favorite desserts are brownies and cookies so…drumroll please…we proudly present to you Brownie-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies!
We literally baked a pan of brownies, sliced them, and stuffed those brownies pieces into chocolate chip cookies. Why yes, yes we did do that. You’re welcome!
Each bite is the perfect cure for sweet tooth cravings. These Brownie-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are every bit as indulgent as they look.
The brownies are completely surrounded by the cookie dough and baked to a tee. I feel like I don’t need to go on as by now you know these are going to be goooood! Chewy, delightful and of course gluten-free + dairy-free!
This is a solid recipe that we love because it is simple to prepare as you can just purchase box mixes form the store. Boom! Everyone’s favorite classic chocolate chip with moist, sweet, and chocolatey chocolate brownies.
Now we’re going to sit on our couch and watch some NHL as HOCKEY IS BACK!
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Brownie-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes: roughly 12-15
- 1 (16 oz) box of Glutino gluten-free double chocolate brownie mix (n1)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp vegan butter substitute, softened
- 1 (19 oz) box of Betty Crocker gluten-free chocolate chip cookie mix (n2)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter substitute, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease an 8x8-inch pan.
- With a handheld mixer beat eggs in a large bowl.
- While continually mixing gradually add dry brownie mix.
- Add butter and mix until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 25-27 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Transfer to fridge for 1 hour before slicing into small squares.
- While waiting for the brownies, prepare the cookie dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir butter, vanilla and egg together.
- Mix in dry cookie mix until soft dough forms. It will be crumbly.
- Using a tablespoon, roll cookie dough into balls and place on baking sheet roughly 2-inches apart.
- Gently press down on each ball to create a cookie dough disk.
For Brownie-Stuffed Cookies:
- Place one brownie square in each disk (there will be leftover brownies).
- Reshape cookie dough disks into balls completely enclosing each brownie square.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet at least two minutes before carefully transferring to write rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
n1. You can use whatever brownie box you like, just make sure to get the ingredients listed on the back of the box and prepare as directed.
n2. Use whatever cookie box or make a recipe from scratch.