Here’s a little addition to the Coconut Macaroons we shared a couple weeks ago—chocolate!
Chocolate always has and always will make everything better. It’s just one of the not-so-secret secrets of the world.
Melted chocolate can be added to pretty much anything your heart desires so go on and adapt this recipe to make your chocolate-covered-everything dreams come true!
Note: Sometimes I make a much smaller batch and drizzle over my ice cream! :)
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE CHOCOLATE-DRIZZLED/-DIPPED COCONUT MACAROONS
- 6 oz semisweet baking chocolate (like Guittard Semisweet Chocolate Gourmet Baking Bars) or chocolate chips (like [Guittard or Enjoy Life)
- 2 1/2 tsp butter/butter substitute
- Leave macaroons on parchment lined baking sheet or transfer to cooling rack with parchment paper underneath.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in top of double boiler over medium heat, stirring frequently until completely melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cooled macaroons or dip each macaroon halfway into the chocolate, shake off excess and place back on parchment or rack.
- Allow chocolate to cool before serving.