I am literally eating one as I am writing this because they are absurdly good! And I’m not just saying that because I made them. I’ve never been a big fan of the peanut butter and chocolate combination, but my boyfriend is and since he has been putting in extra hours at work this week, I though he could use a special treat. I present to you the peanut butter cup-stuffed cookie!
Crispy, chewy cookie outside, smooth chocolate-y center, and creamy peanut butter-ness in every bite. Imma stop you right there, otherwise you’ll be drooling all over yourself. :)
It’s such an elegant, simple solution for a next level cookie! I mean stuffing a dessert inside another dessert = pure genius!
You can use your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe; although I highly recommend @makingthymeformyhealth’s melt-in-your-mouth gluten-free, vegan chocolate chip cookies. They are delightful!
I like to add a bit of creamy peanut butter into the cookie batter to make sure each bite is strewn with salty, nuttiness.
Then roll a Justin’s Mini Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup into each dough ball before baking for an added surprise with each cookie. They’re like a little happy dance on on your tastebuds.
Lastly since it’s American Craft Beer Week I should mention they pair nicely with
Besides being tasty on their own, they are great paired with an imperial stout or Belgian abbey dubble, a beer that will contrast the subtle bitterness of the dark chocolate.
GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER CUP-STUFFED COOKIES
- Check out Making Thyme for My Health for the melt-in-your-mouth gluten-free, vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe
- 2 (47 oz) bags of Justin’s Mini Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups*
- 2 tbsp - 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, to taste and texture preference
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or temperature recommended by your recipe) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make chocolate chip cookie recipe of choice, stopping when all ingredients are combined.
- Stir in the peanut butter until well combined.
- Scoop out roughly 1 1/2 tbsp of dough. Place one peanut butter cup in the middle and roll into a ball until the peanut butter cup is concealed.
- Repeating this step until dough or peanut butter cups run out. Place each ball 2-inches apart on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes on baking sheet, as they will be fragile until cooled, before transferring to wire rack.
NOTE: Justin's are certified GF, but not certified vegan as items are processed on shared equipment.