Gluten-Free, Vegan Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Balls
You can’t deny that peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in Heaven! Even though it’s not necessarily for everyone (moi), you can’t deny their appeal.
If that sounds like something you might be interested in and if you liked the peanut butter balls we posted a bit ago, you should definitely try them dipped in chocolatey-goodness!
It’s a simple addition to this bite-size sweet treat, but one that can really step it up. Especially if you’re interested in these as a homemade holiday gift.
And if you are thinking that then I recommend after dipping them in chocolate, sprinkling them with holiday colored nonpareils, quins or jimmies for a fun and festive addition.
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE CHOCOLATE-DIPPED PEANUT BUTTER BALLS
For Peanut Butter Balls:
- 1 (16 oz) container of creamy peanut butter
- 4 tbsp vegan butter substitute, melted
- 3 - 3 1/2 cups gluten-free crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups powdered sugar
For Chocolate Coating:
- 3 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips (like Enjoy Life)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In saucepan over low heat, melt peanut butter and butter.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cereal.
- Pour wet mixture over dry mixture, gently mixing until well combined.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls and place balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat until all mixture has been used.
- Chill the baking sheet in the fridge for 30 minutes or until set.
- In the meantime, line a second baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, heating for 30 seconds then stirring. Repeat process until chocolate is smooth.
- Insert a toothpick to a peanut butter ball and dip into chocolate, rolling around under coated.
- Place the chocolate-dipped peanut butter ball on the second prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat process until all peanut butter balls have been dipped.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for an hour or until the chocolate-dipped peanut butter balls have set.
Store extras in the fridge.