What’s the one thing that makes any recipe better? BACON!
Now take the crispy, delicious bacon and imagine it coated in a candied brown sugar rub. Sounds pretty amazing, right? Well that’s this recipe!
You can eat the stripes straight out of the oven or mince the strips into bits, great toppers for salads, deviled eggs (which I highly recommend), baked potatoes, and more. It adds just enough sweet crunch to any dish. You’ll want to eat them on everything and since they’re so simple to make, why not?
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE BROWN SUGAR BACON BITS
- 3 strips of thick-cut bacon (I like to use a peppered bacon)
- 1 3/4 tbsp light brown sugar
- Pinch of ground cinnamon and cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon and cayenne.
- Place the bacon strips on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. This allows air to circulate around the bacon to make it crispy!
- Sprinkle half the spice mixture over the bacon strips.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Flip bacon and sprinkle the remaining spice mixture over the strips.
- Continue to bake 10-15 minutes, until desired crispness is achieved.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, mince strips into bacon bits and enjoy!