Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Cherry Cheesecake Dip
Another day, another food holiday—National Cherry Dessert Day!
I have LOVED cherries since I was young. I eat them straight in the summer, use maraschinos on my ice cream, use sour cherry reductions on a round of brie, and of course use canned cherry filling for everything in between.
This recipe is for a light and delicious dessert, but you’ll be pleased to find out that cherries pair well with so many things. Here’s a couple of my personal faves:
Chocolate Cheese Almonds Vanilla Mint
Now that we’re officially one day into the long weekend, I know you’re wondering what you’ll be enjoying food-wise this Memorial Day. Cherry Cheesecake Dip is a simple, light dessert that can quickly be prepared and is a real crowd-pleaser.
Besides the dessert is already in the theme, it’s red and white, then add some additional fresh blueberries and it’ll be a red, white, and blue sweet treat everyone will enjoy!
Essentially it’s what those of us who watch Food Network would call deconstructed because if you break down a cherry cheesecake, it’ll be into three pieces—base (dippers), filling (cream cheese mixture) + topping (cherry pie filling). Cherry cheesecake enjoyed in a different form and way than it’s classic version.
It's got the crunch of the dipper, the light + smoothness of the cream cheese mixture with freshness of the cherries. A little bit sweet, a little bit sour + a whole bunch of delightfulness!
You can eat it with a spoon, but I highly recommend a variety of dippers, especially those that can add some crunch to the mixture.
Happy National Cherry Dessert Day one and all!
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Cheesecake Dip
- 1 (8 oz) container Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 (9 oz) container of So Delicious Dairy Free CocoWhip
- 1/2 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk Yogurt Alternative
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling
For Dippers (choose your faves gf/df alternatives):
- Graham crackers
- Vanilla wafers
- Your favorite cookie
For Additional Toppings:
- Blueberries or chopped fruit of choice
- Chopped nuts
- Whatever else you desire
- With stand or handheld mixer, beat cream cheese and whipped topping together until well combined.
- Add yogurt and condensed milk and beat well.
- Spread mixture into a 9x13-inch glass pan
- Chill in fridge for at least 20 minutes or until layer has set a bit.
- Carefully spread pie filling over mixture in the pan.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve will dippers.