You know how the Sonny is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, while my fiancé is pumped for peanut butter balls! He would eat an entire batch if they were left unattended. Seriously he needs them rationed for him.
Fortunately we created this “lighter” version. Same great taste, a third of the sugar. The original recipe called for an entire POUND of powdered sugar by the way, which is insane!
Peanut butter balls are a simple, no-bake sweet treat.
Each bite full of smooth, creamy peanut butter mingled with crispy, airy rice cereal. The perfect combo with enough sweetness to satisfy your sweet tooth (not put you in a sugar coma like the original).
However, if you prefer more sugar, by all means be my guest!
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE PEANUT BUTTER BALLS
- 1 (16 oz) container of creamy peanut butter
- 4 tbsp vegan butter substitute, melted
- 3 - 3 1/2 cups gluten-free crispy rice cereal
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups powdered sugar, to taste
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In saucepan over low heat, melt peanut butter and butter.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cereal.
- Pour wet mixture over dry mixture, gently mixing until well combined.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls and place balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat until all mixture has been used.
- Chill the baking sheet in the fridge for 30 minutes or until peanut butter balls are firm before serving.