This onion dip is a crowd-pleasing, savory hit! Our initial post was a vegan version of this dip, but we’ve gotten requests for the “dairy-full” recipe and since the original version we found deep in our family’s recipe collection was as such, we’ve decided to post it as well.
Crunchy, creamy, and oh-so-satisfying! This dip’s got flavor on flavor. It’s easy to prepare and a great savory dish to hit the-“I’m craving pub food”-spot.
Looking for the vegan version? Check it out here.
Gluten-Free Baked Vidalia Onion Dip
- 2 tbsp butter (n1)
- 3 large Vidalia onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 cup shredded goat cheese (n1)
- 2 cups mayo
- 1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp hot sauce, additional to preference
- Items for dipping (crackers, chips, veggies) - GF versions if applicable
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter in skillet, add onion and sauté 10 minutes until onions become translucent.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine together cheese, mayo, water chestnuts, white wine, and garlic.
- Stir in softened onion and spoon into 8-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until top is bubbly and beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes to set.
- Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, or assortment of veggie sticks for dipping.
n1. For a dairy-full version, simply sub cow-butter and cow-cheese for their alternative. Same amounts.