Everyone has a dream when they’re younger of becoming a lemonade tycoon, don’t they? Or was that just me?
It didn't happen for me then, but if I had made my lemonade using this recipe I would have been a heck-of-a lot closer.
It’s that ice cold, thirst-quenching, tangy cup of bliss that was made for hot summer days.
So invite your friends over for some fresh lemonade, the way it was meant to be made.
GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN CLASSIC SUMMER LEMONADE
- 8 cups of water
- 3 lemons, squeezed and seed removed
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Lemon slices or zest for garnish
- In small pot over medium heat, bring 1 cup of water to boil.
- Add sugar to boiling water, continuously stirring until completely dissolved to create simple syrup.
- Cover pot and chill in fridge.
- In a large pitcher or dispenser, combine freshly squeezed lemon juice (should roughly yield 1/2 cup of juice with pulp) and store-bought lemon juice to the remaining water.
- Add in cooled simple syrup from fridge.
- Mix well and garnish with lemon slices or zest.
*You can chill the lemonade in the fridge, but I recommend using a pitcher or dispenser with a separate core to keep the ice from melting and watering-down the lemonade.